American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials [AASHTO] (2004) "AASHTO Green Book, Policy on Geometric Design of Highways and Streets 2004", 5th ed., Washington: American Association of State Highway & Transportation.
- Amundsen, F.H, and C. Hydén (1977) “Proceedings of The First Workshop on Traffic Conflicts”, In Oslo, TTI, Oslo, Norway and LTH Lund, Sweden.
- Brackstone, Mark and Mike McDonald, Mike (1999) “Car-following: A historical review”, Transportation Research Part F: Traffic Psychology and Behaviour, 2 (4): pp.181–96.
Cunto, Flavio, Craveiro, Jose and Saccomanno, Frank F. (2007) “Microlevel traffic simulation method for assessing crash potential at intersections”, In . http://trid.trb.org/view.aspx?id=802073.
- Cunto, Flávio and Saccomanno, Frank F. (2008) “Calibration and validation of simulated vehicle safety performance at signalized intersections”, Accident Analysis & Prevention, 40 (3): pp.1171–79.
- Davis, Gary A., Hourdos, John, Xiong, Hui and Chatterjee, Indrajit (2011) “Outline for a causal model of traffic conflicts and crashes”, Accident Analysis & Prevention 43 (6): pp.1907–19.
- Davis, Gary A. and Swenson, Tait (2006) “Collective responsibility for freeway rear-ending accidents?: An application of probabilistic causal models”, Accident Analysis & Prevention 38 (4): pp.728–36.
- Del Castillo, J. M., Pintado, P. and Benitez, F. G. (1994) “The reaction time of drivers and the stability of traffic flow”, Transportation Research Part B: Methodological 28 (1): pp.35–60.
- Federal Highway Administration [FHWA] (2006) “Interstate 80 Freeway dataset fact sheet”, FHWA HRT-06-137. United States. http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/publications/research/operations/06137/.
- Guido, Giuseppe, Saccomanno, Frank; Vitale, Alessandro; Astarita, Vittorio and Festa, Demetrio (2010) “Comparing safety performance measures obtained from video capture data”, Journal of Transportation Engineering 1 (1): pp.165–165.
- Hauer, Ezra and Garder, Per (1986) “Research into the validity of the traffic conflicts technique”, Accident Analysis & Prevention 18 (6): pp. 471–81.
-James, F. (1980) “Monte Carlo theory and practice”, Reports on Progress in Physics, 43 (9): pp.1145.
-Laureshyn, Aliaksei (2010) “Application of automated video analysis to road user behaviour”, Ph.D. dissertation, Sweden: Lund University.
-Laureshyn, Aliaksei, Åse Svensson, and Christer Hydén (2010) “Evaluation of traffic safety, based on micro-level behavioural data: Theoretical framework and first implementation”, Accident Analysis & Prevention, 42 (6): pp.1637–46.
-Lord, Dominique and Fred Mannering (2010) “The statistical analysis of crash-frequency data: A review and assessment of methodological alternatives”, Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice 44 (5): pp.291–305.
-Mamdoohi, Amir Reza, Mohsen Fallah Zavareh, Christer Hydén, and Trond Nordfjærn (2014) “Comparative analysis of safety performance indicators based on inductive loop detector data”, PROMET - Traffic&Transportation 26 (2): pp.139–49.
National Generation Simulation (NGISM) Programme Home Page (2013) Accessed December 26. http://ngsim-community.org/index.php.
- Oh, Cheol and Taejin, Kim (2010) “Estimation of rear-end crash potential using vehicle trajectory data”, Accident Analysis & Prevention 42 (6): pp.1888–93.
-Oh, Cheol, Park, Seri and. Ritchie, Stephen G. (2006) “A method for identifying rear-end collision risks using inductive loop detectors.” Accident Analysis & Prevention 38 (2): pp.295–301.
-Ozaki, H. [ed.] (1993) “Reaction and anticipation in the car-following behavior”, In Transportation and Traffic Theory, Berkeley, California.
-Punzo, Vincenzo, Borzacchiello, Maria Teresa and Ciuffo, Biagio (2011) “On the assessment of vehicle trajectory data accuracy and application to the Next Generation SIMulation (NGSIM) Program Data”, Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies 19 (6): 1243–62.
-Ranjitkar, Prakash, and Nakatsuji, Takashi (2010) “A Trajectory based analysis of drivers’ response in car-following situations”, In . http://trid.trb.org/view.aspx?id=910337.
-Ratick, S. and G. Schwarz (2009) “Monte Carlo Simulation”, In International Encyclopaedia of Human Geography, edited by Rob Kitchin and Nigel Thrift, pp.175–84. Oxford: Elsevier. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/B9780080449104004764.
- Transportation Research Board of the National Academies (2013) “Next Generation Simulation (NGSIM)) core algorithms and data sets”, Accessed December 19. http://trid.trb.org/view.aspx?id=1226819.
-Wang, Xuesong and Abdel-Aty, Mohamed (2006) “Temporal and spatial analyses of rear-end crashes at signalized intersections”, Accident Analysis & Prevention 38 (6): pp.1137–50.
-Wu, Yi-hu, Yuan, Huihua , Chen, Haitao and Li, Jigjig (2009) “A study on reaction time distribution of Group Drivers at Car-Following.” In Second International Conference on Intelligent Computation Technology and Automation, 2009. ICICTA ’09, 3:452–55.
-Xu, Cheng, Tarko, Andrew, P., Wang, Wei and Liu, Pan (2013) “Predicting crash likelihood and severity on freeways with real-time loop detector data”, Accident Analysis & Prevention 57 (August): pp.30–39.
-Yu, Rongjie and Abdel-Aty. Mohamed (2014) “Analyzing crash injury severity for a mountainous freeway incorporating real-time traffic and weather data”, Safety Science 63 (March): pp.50–56.