- Allen, B. L., Shin, B. T. and Cooper, D. J. (1978) "Analysis of traffic conflicts and collision" Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 667, pp. 67-74.
- Almquist, S., Hyden, C. and Risser, R. (1991) "Use of speed limiters in cars for increased safety and a better environment" Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 1318, pp. 34–39.
-Autey, J., Sayed, T. and Zaki, M. H. (2012) "Safety evaluation of right-turn smart channels using automated traffic conflict analysis" Accid Anal Prev, 45, pp. 120-30.
- Bil, M., Andrasik, R. and Janoska, Z. (2013) "Identification of hazardous road locations of traffic accidents by means of kernel density estimation and cluster significance evaluation" Accid Anal Prev, 55, pp. 265-73.
- Cunto, F. and Saccomanno, F. F. (2007) "Microlevel traffic simulation method for assessing crash potential at intersections" Proceedings of the 86th Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board, 2007 Washington, D.C.
- Duong, T. and Hazelton, M. (2003) "Plug-in bandwidth matrices for bivariate kernel density estimation" Journal of Nonparametric Statistics, 15(1), pp. 17-30.
- Duong, T. and Hazelton, M. L. (2005) "Cross-validation Bandwidth Matrices for Multivariate Kernel Density Estimation" Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, 32(3), pp. 485-506.
- El-Basyouny, K. and Sayed, T. (2013) "Safety performance functions using traffic conflicts" Safety Science, 51(1), pp. 160-164.
- Erdogan, S., Yilmaz, I., Baybura, T. and Gullu, M. (2008) "Geographical information systems aided traffic accident analysis system case study: city of Afyonkarahisar" Accid Anal Prev, 40(1), pp. 174-81.
- Guido, G., Saccomanno, F., Vitale, A., Astarita, V. and Festa, D. (2011) "Comparing Safety Performance Measures Obtained from Video Capture Data" Journal of Transportation Engineering, 137(7), pp. 481-491.
- Hayward, J. C. (1971) "Near misses as ameasure of safety at urban intersections" Doctoral Thesis, The Pensilvania State University.
- Horová, I., Koláček, J. and Zelinka, J. (2012) "Kernel smoothing in matlab" London, World Scientific.
- Ismail, K., Sayed, T. and Saunier, N. (2009b) "Automated pedestrian safety analysis using video data in the context of scramble phase intersections" Annual Conference of the Transportation Association of Canada, Vancouver, BC.
- Ismail, K., Sayed, T., Saunier, N. and Lim, C. (2009a) "Automated analysis of pedestrian-vehicle conflicts using video data" Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 2140(-1), pp. 44-54.
- Ismail, Karim, Sayed, Tarek and Saunier, Nicolas (2012) "Camera calibration for urban traffic scenes: practical issues and a robust approach". Transportation Research Board 89th Annual Meeting. Washington DC
- Jin, S., Qu, X. and Wang, D. (2011) "Assessment of expressway traffic safety using Gaussian mixture model based on time to collision" International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems, 4(6), pp. 1122-1130.
- Jin, S., Wang, D.-H., Xu, C. and Ma, D.-F. (2013) "Short-term traffic safety forecasting using Gaussian mixture model and Kalman filter" Journal of Zhejiang University SCIENCE A, 14(4), pp. 231-243.
-Laureshyn, A., Ardö, H., Svensson, A. and Jonsson, T. (2009a) "Application of automated video analysis for behavioural studies: concept and experience" IET Intelligent Transport Systems, 3(3), pp. 345.
- Laureshyn, A., Åström, K. and Brundell-Freij, K. (2009b) "From speed profile data to analysis of behaviour" IATSS research, 33(2), pp. 89.
- Laureshyn, A., Svensson, A. and Hyden, C. (2010) "Evaluation of traffic safety, based on micro-level behavioural data: theoretical framework and first implementation" Accid Anal. Prev, 42(6), pp. 1637-46.
- Mehmood, A., Saccomanno, F. and Hellinga, B. (2001) "Simulation of road accidents by use of systems dynamics" Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 1746, pp. 37–46.
- Minderhoud, M. M. and Bovy, P. H. L. (2001) "Extended time-to-collision measures for road traffic safety assessment" Accid Anal Prev, 33(1), pp. 89-97.
- Oh, C. and Kim, T. (2010) "Estimation of rear-end crash potential using vehicle trajectory data" Accid Anal Prev, 42(6), pp. 1888-93.
- Perkins, S. R. and Harris, J. L. (1967) "Criteria for traffic conflicts characteristics". Report GMR 632. General Motors Corporation.
- Sayed, T., Brown, G. and Navin, F. (1994) "Simulation of traffic conflicts at unsignalized intersections with TSC-Sim" Accident Analysis & Prevention, 26(5), pp. 593-607.
- Sayed, T., Ismail, K., Zaki, M. and Autey, J. (2012) "Feasibility of computer vision-based safety evaluations" Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 2280(-1), pp. 18-27.
- Sayed, T. and Saunier, N. (2008) "Probabilistic framework for automated analysis of exposure to road Collisions" Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 2083(-1), pp. 96-104.
- Sayed, T., Zaki, M. H. and Autey, J. (2013) "Automated safety diagnosis of vehicle–bicycle interactions using computer vision analysis" Safety Science, 59, pp. 163–172.
- Sayed, T. and Zein, S. (1999) "Traffic conflict standards for intersections" Transportation Planning and Technology, 22(4), pp. 309-323.
- Silverman, B. W. (1986) "Density estimation for statistics and data analysis" London, Chapman and Hall.
- Vogel, K. (2003) "A comparison of headway and time to collision as safety indicators" Accid Anal Prev, 35(3), pp. 427-433.
- Weiming, H., Xuejuan, X., Xie, D., Tieniu, T. and Maybank, S. (2004) "Traffic accident prediction using 3-D model-based vehicle tracking" Vehicular Technology, IEEE Transactions on, 53(3), pp. 677-694.
- World Health Organisation (2013) "Global status report on road safety : supporting a decade of action". Switzerland: WHO
- Xie, Z. and Yan, J. (2008) "Kernel density estimation of traffic accidents in a network space" Computers, Environment and Urban Systems, 32(5), pp. 396-406.
- Yu, H., Liu, P., Wang, H. and Liang, Q. (2012) "Kernel density estimation based method for hazardous road segments identification" CICTP 2012, pp. 2095-2106.