- Bonneson, J. and Zimmerman, K. (2006) "Procedure for using accident modification factors in the highway design process", Texas Transportation Institute, Report No. 0-4703-P5.
- Boroujerdian, A., Saffarzadeh M. and Abolhasannejad, V. (2009) "Developing a model for prioritizing high crash road segments", Proceedings the Institution of Civil engineers, Journal Transport, Vol. 163, pp. 19-28
- Boroujerdian, A. (2011) "Developing evaluation model of road safety based on the dynamic segmentation and caused based prioritization", Ph.D. Dissertation, Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Tarbiat
- Boroujerdian, A. M., Saffarzadeh, M., Yousefi, H. and Ghassemian H. (2014) "A model to identify high crash road segments with the dynamic segmentation method", Accident Analysis and Prevention, Vol. 73, pp. 274–287.
- Boroujerdian, A. M., Fetanat, M and Abolhasannejad, V. (2015) "Dynamic segmentation method for identification of accident-prone road segments using genetic algorithm", Accepted 14th International Conference Traffic and On Transportation Engineering (ICTTE 2015).
- Elvik, R. (2008) "A survey of operational definitions of hazardous road locations in some European countries", Accident Analysis and Prevention, No. 40, pp. 1830–18357.
- Engelbrecht, A. P. (2007) "Computational intelligence: an introduction", 2nd edition.
- Federal Highway Administration (1981) "Highway safety improvement program", FHWA-TS-81-218, US Department of Transportation, Washington, DC, December.
- Geurts, K. (2006) "Ranking and profiling dangerous accident locations using data mining and statistical techniques", Doctoral Dissertation, Faculty of Applied Economics, Hasselt University, Hasselt.
- Goldberg, D. E. (1989) "Genetic algorithms in search, optimization, and machine learning reading”, MA: Addison-Wesley.
- Huang, C. J., Chen, Y. J., Wu, C. F., and Huang, Y. A. (2009) "Application of neural networks and genetic algorithms to the screening for high quality chips", Applied Soft Computing, Vol. 9, No, 2, pp. 824–832.
- Kononov J. and Allery B. (2003) "Level of service of safety conceptual blueprint and analytical framework", Transportation Research Record 1840, TRB, Washington, D.C, pp. 03-
- Pant, P. D., Rajagopal, A. S. and Cheng, Y. (2003) "Rational Schedule of Base Accident Rates for Rural Highways in Ohio (Phase II)", Report No. FHWA-OH-2003-008.
-Saffarzadeh, M., Abolhasannejad V and Boroujerdian A. (2007) "Developing a cause prioritizing model to identify high accident prone segments of roads for pedestrians", Journal of The Collage of Engineering, Vol. 42, Issue 4, pp. 457-467
- Samanta, B. (2004) "Artificial neural networks and genetic algorithms for gear fault detection", Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, Vol. 18, No. 5, pp. 1273–1282.
- The Research Institute of Transportation (2008) "The accidents records methods and identifying high crash road segments", The Ministry of Road and Transportation, Tehran, Iran.
- Troche, L. R. (2007) "Methodology to identify hazardous locations for highways in Puerto Rico", Thesis submitted in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Master of Science.
- Vistisen, D. (2002) "Models and methods for hot spot safetywork", PhD Dissertation, Department for Informatics and Mathematical Models, Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby.